(the) humanities [plural] subjects of study such as literature, history, or art, rather than science or mathematics; = (the) arts
LONGMAN Dictionary of Contemporary English (2006), p. 796
I am looking forward to writing about the humanities because I am a student of English and French. I can tell you about noun phrases and adverbs but not about quantum physics or nuclear fission.
The large field of the humanities - from culture studies and history, through literature and linguistics, down to music and and performing arts - is both flourishing and creative.
In the arts, the last century was a period of great excitement and innovation. The most influential writers reacted strongly against political or economical injustice or leveled criticism against social evils.
And just as Bill Gates points out, the goal should be that everybody gets a chance to read great books and participates in the richness the humanities brings us.
Physical Sciences? Social Sciences? Humanities! [P]
AntwortenLöschen(the) humanities [plural] subjects of study such as literature, history, or art, rather than science or mathematics; = (the) arts LONGMAN Dictionary of Contemporary English (2006), p. 796
I am looking forward to writing about the humanities because I am a student of English and French. I can tell you about noun phrases and adverbs but not about quantum physics or nuclear fission.
[Gr-new ¶]The large field of the humanities—[P]from culture studies and history, through literature and linguistics, down to music and the [rep][det] performing arts—[P]is both flourishing and creative.
[Gr-new ¶]In the arts, the last century was a period of great excitement and innovation. The most influential writers reacted strongly against political or economical injustice or leveled criticism against social evils. [Gr-no new ¶]And just as Bill Gates points out, the goal should be that everybody gets a chance to read great books and participate [Gr] in the richness the humanities bring [Gr] us.